Hello my friends! How was your week? I collected some fun things from around the internet this week. I hope there’s something here that you’ll enjoy.
- Merak (Serbian): a feeling of bliss and the sense of oneness with the universe that comes from the simplest of pleasures. Here are 20 beautiful words with no direct English translation.
- Here are some of the strangest optical illusions known to science.
- Speaking of optical illusions, there’s this place in Romania where things seem to roll uphill by themselves.
- You’ll probably want to step inside these paintings of Parisian rooftops at twilight.
- Some of the great women artists that history forgot.
- What Peter Pan teaches us about memory and consciousness.
- You never know when Wednesday cake will make an appearance at our house, but it’s always a popular hump-day addition. True fact: I also make the world’s best chocolate chip cookies.
- Why don’t more American doctors prescribe exercise for depression?
- Five ways to be happier in your daily life. These are all things you can do that won’t take any extra time.
Have a beautiful weekend!
P.S. Check out my interview at My Home My Sanctuary as part of the new Wednesday’s Wonderful Women series.